Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred - Day 19

Well, I'm down to the last two days on Level 2. I really really didn't want to go to the gym this morning, but managed to bribe myself by promising to hit Starbucks on the way back to the house. I ran for 30 minutes, then did my usual abs gym routine (50 inclined alternating situps, 50 knee-ups, 50 side bends with 10 lbs). Here's the tricky part, though. I didn't actually hit Starbucks. I intended to, but then started thinking, "Well, I'm grossly sweaty and the only thing I'm going to want is a Frappuccino." While I could get a Frappuccino lite (the Venti Coffee Frappuccino is only 180 calories, according to the Starbucks nutritional data), I figured it wasn't a very healthy way to start my calorie consumption for the day. So I punked out on myself. We're not speaking for the time being.

I got home and did Level2 with 4 lb. weights. I know, I know, I said I was going to use 5 lbs. today, but honestly, every time, by the end, I'm struggling to finish the chair squats with the vee raises. I think finishing the workout in its entirety is maybe more important than attempting to appear more bad-ass than I actually am.

One more day at Level 2, then it's on to the final level (which I hope includes fireballs and saving the Princess)! I'm a little scared...

No comments: