Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred - Preview

So, I've decided to blog my attempt to complete Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred. I figure maybe if I blog my day-to-day experiences, I'll be more likely to actually follow through. We'll see, I guess. And if some people happen across my little experiment and find it useful, that's pretty great, too.

I'm in relatively good shape, 5'1'', about 107-110 lbs. I work out quite a bit (30-60 minutes on the treadmill, 3 to 5 days a week, half an hour of lifting, 2 to 3 times a week), but my routine has gotten pretty stale, and my weight has definitely plateaued (and, due to some bad eating choices - thanks for nothing, potato chips and beer, you bastards - has recently gone up a little).

Now I have the wedding of some law school friends of mine coming up in a little over a month. Since I haven't seen some of the attendees since graduation three years ago, I'd like to show up looking my very best. Hell, to be honest, I want all of the attendees to grovel at my feet, begging for my fitness secrets and tossing champagne buckets of money at me to train under my tutelage...but I'd settle for lookin' damn fine.

I've never watched The Biggest Loser or done any of Jillian Michaels' other workouts, but I've heard the word on the street, and that word is HARDCORE. I've watched the video all the way through (3 different levels, about 22 minutes each). My plan, starting tomorrow, is to do one workout per day, with 10 days at Level 1, 10 days at Level 2, and 10 days at Level 3, plus whatever cardio I can do without, you know, dying. My goal is to lose about 5 lbs., and be totally toned all over. I'd be pretty happy to lose a couple of inches around my waist and thighs as well. My starting measurements are: waist - 29'', thighs - 20''.

Here goes.

P.S. Uh, maybe I should give up potato chips and beer for the duration.

P.P.S. Maybe just the potato chips...










No comments: